Re: aptitude freezes after install

Daniel Burrows wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:23:22AM -0500, microwaverich <richgrif@one.net> was heard to say:
Anyway, I plunged into the above steps. Everything went ok until I tried compiling aptitude. Here's that part of the script file:

rich@peninsula:~/aptitudetests/aptitude$ hg bisect --good 0.4.11
rich@peninsula:~/aptitudetests/aptitude$ hg bisect --bad tip
Testing changeset 1499:79935933f5ba (305 changesets remaining, ~8 tests)
136 files updated, 0 files merged, 8 files removed, 0 files unresolved
rich@peninsula:~/aptitudetests/aptitude$ sh ./autogen.sh
../autogen.sh: line 5: aclocal-1.9: command not found

$ find / -name aclocal* turned up a four items named aclocal, but no aclocal-1.9.

  Ah, my mistake.  I forgot you need some extra tools to build from the
repository.  Install the packages "automake" and "autoconf" and you
should be set.

    Thanks for your help,
  Daniel

Yes, the same advice as from Sven Joachim. Thanks to you both. I'll proceed.

.... Rich