Re: Aptitude help

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 06:35:56PM -0600, "M. Lewis" <cajun@cajuninc.com> was heard to say:

> How can I resolve this dependency?
>
> Aptitude has given up resolving the dependencies. It appears that
> linux-kbuild-2-6-28 is not available yet:
>
> moe:/tmp/kde-cajun# apt-cache search linux-kbuild
> linux-kbuild-2.6.26 - Kbuild infrastructure for Linux 2.6.26
>
> So how am I to resolve the dependencies by hand as Aptitude suggests as
> a solution?

  If the package you're trying to install depends on a package which
isn't available, you'll just have to wait until it becomes available.
I don't know what the timeline is on that; AFAIK there aren't any 2.6.28
packages anywhere in the archive.  In fact,

> moe:/tmp/kde-cajun# aptitude install linux-headers-2.6.28-1-all-amd64

  linux-headers-2.6.28-1-all-amd64 doesn't seem to exist at all in
Debian.  Maybe you got it from some other site and they can provide you
with a matching kbuild?

  Daniel