Re: USB mount with multiple users broken (hal and consolekit)

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Tue November 25 2008, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
>> Just don't do the auto mount thing.  Do it the old fashioned way with an
>> entry in fstab for the device in question and the 'user' option.  Then
>> you plug in the stick, open a term, tail dmesg to see what device it is,
>> then mount it's mount point.
>
> I don't think I can explain that to my wife..
> I could do that, but she never would. That's the whole point of automounting,
> so the user doesn't have to figure all that stuff out.

I find this an interesting situation. From your earlier post I gather
that no solution has been found despite trying very hard. I was
wondering if some other user-friendly Linux distro has solved this
problem in any way (Fedora, Ubuntu, Mepic, Mint, Suse ?). Any
information on that?

ever having been read.