Re: Software For Book Writing

Jeff Soules wrote:
> it looks
> like there is support for LaTeX on Windows via MiKTeX, per a cursory
> look here[1].  I don't know if anyone uses it, but I guess someone
> must, since the MiKTeX package is still around...

and there is proTeXt (MiKTeX-based):
http://www.tug.org/protext/
and also... TeX Live:
http://www.tug.org/texlive/windows.html

Not that I have used it on Windows (only installed it a few times for
others there).  Personally went from MS-DOS directly to Linux when
Windows was 3.1 :)

> But if your hardware was around for the fall of the Berlin Wall

Part of TeX's beauty was that it nicely ran in a 286 machine :)

Best regards
                  J Esteves

--
+351 939838775   Skype:jmcerqueira   http://pownce.com/jmce/