Re: procmail rule to filter debian-user

Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au>:
>  On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 05:44:00AM +0200, s. keeling wrote:
> >
> > my procmail rule, and mine splits each debian list into its own mbox,
> > and handles newsfroup backscatter:
> >
> >   # ------------------------------------
> >   # debian-${MATCH}
> >   #
> >   # The MATCH operator \/ matches whatever the regexp that follows
> >   # it matches.
> >   #
> >   :0
> >   * 1^0 ^X\-Mailing\-List:.*debian-\/[a-z.-]*
> >   * 1^0 ^Newsgroups:.*debian.\/[a-z.-]*
> >   * 1^0 ^Cc: debian-user@lists\.debian\.org
> >   {
> >     LOG="debian-${MATCH} - "
> >     :0:
> >     00.debian
> >   }
>
>  bit lost here.

My fault.

>  I understand you pull out the debian mailing list with \/[a-z.-]*
>  then you log to mailinglist specific log files with
>  LOG="debian-${MATCH} - ".

No, that just tells procmail to mention debian-${MATCH} in the log
file, as in which folder got that mail.

>  but doesn't this deposit all mails in
>  00.debian , shouldn't it be 00.debian-${MATCH} ?

I mis-spoke, sorry.  Thanks for finishing my thought for me.  I used
to split them all into their own mbox.  Your 00.debian-${MATCH} is
correct for splitting them that way.

Now, I read Debian mailinglists with slrn via the mail to News gateway
linux.debian.${MATCH} :-).  I read mail with mutt, and only
occasionally get mails from Debian, and those all fall into
~/Mail/00.debian.