Re: cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 09:08:44 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> I'm getting killed by my cups printer.
>
> This is the only thing that it does.  Just keep telling me I have no
> Authentication data provided.
>
> I have never provided authentication for the last three years that this
> was working.  There was an upgrade somewhere with the clients and server
> that has just hosed everything up.

[...]

> I've tried removing all the Auth statements in the conf file, changing
> EVERYTHING to Allow localhost, 192.168.1.* and still it's not working.

[...]

> The printers absolutely work from test pages.

Test pages triggered how, directly on the server or from the clients?

> The printers absolutely do not work from remote clients.
> I don't have sufficient software on the printer server to try printing as
> a localhost client -- that's not the intention of this box.

What do you find in /var/log/cups/error_log and /var/log/cups/access_log
on the server after such a failed print attempt? (You may have to set
the loglevel to debug and restart CUPS if you have not done so already.)

Can the client computers access the server's CUPS web frontend at port
631?

          Florian   |