Re: OT: Laptop for College Bound Student?

Ron Johnson wrote:
> The contrarian in me would buy him a course in shorthand instead.
> (I remember that the very act of hand-copying blackboard notes --
> while thinking about which were the most important -- most
> successfully burned information into my brain, and typing took too
> much focus away from other tasks.)

Consider yourself lucky. While in college, I develop (not fully
willingly) the ability to copy what was written without really paying
attention to what I wrote. That is not good (and I'm not proud of it),
but even copying can become and automatic hability.

--
Declared guilty... of displaying feelings of an almost human nature.
        -- Pink Floyd, "The Wall"

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb