Re: etch netinst tasksel "standard system" (was Re: RAID1 Boot Partition)

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 03:59:27PM -0800, Ken Irving wrote:

> The search subcommand can be used to list those packages:
>
>   aptitude search ~pstandard ~prequired ~pimportant
>
> though it's still not clear what is really added in this step, since
> some of the packages were presumably installed during part of the
> base install.   I might do another install without this option and
> see what the difference is...

It seems to that a base install includes 'required' and 'important',
while 'standard' will add packages that are considered, well, standard
on a *nix system, but won't make it unusable if missing (e.g.  bc,
openbsd-inetd, ...)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)