Re: udev and ethernet connections

On Feb 18, 2008 2:40 PM, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> No, I can't read the led's.  Since the dsl plan has gone month to month
> they'll probably not want to send anyone here.  Another friend I know will
> come and check this out wednesday or thursday of this week and if the
> verizon stuff really is broken as I suspect we can use a credit card and
> buy a couple Westell 327W modems on line for about $80.00.  I'll probably
> buy at least one in any case so as to have a backup if this happens again.
> After that, I'll have to let verizon know the mac has changed on this
> phone number then they can either do some work on their end or I'll have a
> different provider shortly after that.  My friend is another one who has
> been having problems with verizon and he's getting tired of them and their
> failure to admit their own foul ups too since these now happen more than
> once a year.

Sorry you and your friend are having such an awful time with this. I
just recalled some issue that I had when I first got it. I have more
than one phone outlet. And I tried using my own phone wire as well as
the one provided by verizon. I found the only way to use the DSL was
with my 'main outlet'  with their 'special' grey heavy duty round
phone cable. For some reason if I used my flat cheap phone wire and
the seconday outlet, the connection did not work. Not sure if you have
such issue.
Cheers,
Kev