Re: The problem with modern hardware... (Re: Programmers Text Editor)

On Nov 6, 2007, at 4:04 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 11/06/07 04:53, Micha Feigin wrote:
[snip]

Personally I prefer emacs, but it takes longer to load and I am still looking

Modern machines are so fast that the younger generations of geeks
don't know the real joy of vi-users bashing emacs because it takes
SOOOO LOOOONG to load on a Sun3, and is a OS unto itself...

Well, yeah, but once you load it you're not supposed to ever exit. ;)