Re: Programmers Text Editor

Richard wrote:

What editors (IDE or RAD) environment application would work
or if needed to run 2 or 3 different editors that would be fine too.

(please no: emacs or vi (or command line apps)
wanting something that would be better than xcode on the mac,
which contain all libraries, and syntax for dozen of languages,
it just made it easier to type and see a drop down command choice,
from the contextual menu. with a built-in debugger..neat.

Why do you refuse emacs and vi(m)?  They both provide syntax
highlighting for hundreds of languages and a built-in
debugger.  (At least, it's built-in from the user's perspective,
but by being not actually builtin you get get far more
flexibility).  I don't know what you mean by "contain all
libraries" nor precisely what you mean by "drop down
command choice", but you certainly get auto-completion,
commands, help, etc in a drop down menu.  (I'm really
only speaking for vim here, but I assume emacs provides
all of this functionality as well.)

I guess I'm suggesting that you seriously question why
you are rejecting out of hand the two best choices for
development on Linux.