Re: Query about Iceape, Iceweasel

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 12:01:42PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > > I started a small mailing list for some old buddies and I to use
> > > as we
> > > plan our camping trip for next year. Its something we do every 4 years
> > > or so and it generates all kinds of mail in the process. I thought a
> > > list would be a great way to manage that stuff.
> >
> > Yep, same for me
>
> what were you using?

A beer meeting every friday evening :) but me and others moved out of
the city, so we had to find a different way for planning events
(especially New Years Eve).

> > And because of that I opted for the "groups" feature of one big free
> > mail provider. It comes will all the "bells and whistles", like
> > subject tagging and reply-to munging. Yuck!
>
> I thought of that, but it was just so easy to set-up and I even ended
> up just manually signing up my friends (minimalist here, just a flat
> text list of the subscribers). I've also avoided reply-to munging, but
> I may just do it so I can stop reposting stuff to the list.

But I have no place on the web to host a list :/ Theoretically I could
do a dyndns type hosting on my own computer(s), but my server machine is
down and the laptop is running unstable and not well suited for this
task. Besides, I try to avoid any open ports to the big bad internet if
I can avoid it.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)