Re: Query about Iceape, Iceweasel

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 09:51:21PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Miles Bader wrote:
> > I expect that google is somewhat chary about adding more buttons to
> > their UI (look how long it took them to add a "delete" button!),
> > especially one as potentially confusing as reply-to-list-only.  The
> > current reply-to-all is much safer.
>
>     Which is the exact reason why reply-to-list has been an open bug for =
> TB!
> for going on 4-5 years now.  They don't want to add another button and ca=
> n't
> agree on what the default behavior should be or if they should have a dro=
> pdown
>  menu like 1/2 the other buttons.  *sigh*

I started a small mailing list for some old buddies and I to use as we
plan our camping trip for next year. Its something we do every 4 years
or so and it generates all kinds of mail in the process. I thought a
list would be a great way to manage that stuff.

So they are all pointy-clicky users who don't know much about
computing and that's fine. The result is they don't have a clue,
despite repeated explanation by me, how to use the list. A major part
of that I put down to the fact that none of the popular mailers in use
by user's of that other OS are equpped to handle mailing lists.

The folks at t-bird and google etc are all worried about how to
present it blah blah blah. THey're afraid of confusing the users,
whatever. Just stick it in there and let them figure it out. Its not
*that* complicated and if the users are presented with it, they'll
make it work. I swear dumbing down interfaces has done more to make
dumb users than anything else.