Re: "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file"

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 06:34:45 -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> I'm trying to run the latest build of the Eclipse IDE on Debian. When
> I try to start the program I receive an error about a shared library:
>
> "error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> I've never had trouble running Eclipse before, although they may have
> added a dependency to this library in the latest version. I looked
> online for a libgtk-x11-2.0 deb, but I couldn't find one.

Install the "apt-file" package; it has a tool that allows you to search
filenames in all packages known to apt. In your case

apt-file search libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

will tell you that your missing library is part of the "libgtk2.0-0"
package.

          Florian   |