Re: aptitude full-upgrade - why does it not install Recommended packages?

Hello,

Chris <list.hurschler@gmx.de> writes:

> sudo aptitude full-upgrade --with-recommends
>
> can anyone tell me why it still reports (for example):
>
> The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
>   libjaxp1.3-java-gcj libxalan2-java-gcj

The aptitude manual says:

 -r, --with-recommends
    Treat recommendations as dependencies when installing new packages

Note the *new* here.  Recommendations for existing packages are _not_
automatically installed, since aptitude presumes that you do not want
that; after all you did not install the recommended packages in

Of course this can be a problem since the recommendations may change
over time.  This is probably what happened here.

Regards,
Sven