Re: Should /etc/hostname contain the whole FQDN?

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Can anyone who /knows/ tell me what the proper officially correct ways of
setting the hostname and the FQDN are, please?

Thanks,

	JW

--

in /etc/hostname :
myhostname

set those then run /etc/init.d/hostname.sh as root, this gets ran at boot up, but you can run it and reset the hostname this way.

now when I run hostname -f I get my FQDN, you'll have to restart any services that rely on this as well after changing it.

-+-
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.