Re: FireFox slowness

Ron Johnson wrote this at Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:05:06PM -0500
> On 05/31/07 15:53, Carl Fink wrote:
> >Anyone else seeing absurdly slow responsiveness from iceweasel, like 30
> >seconds to close a tab?

I have about ~20 or so plug-ins installed, all running simultaneously
without problems of any sort. Speed is good, and there's no latency in
terms of closing down tabs, even when I have like ~30 active tabs with
mixed content (some of these with rather heavy pages). When I close a
tab, the tab just closes and the next tab is given focus with great
ease. What sort of plug-ins are you using? Are you for instance running a
lot of similar plug-ins, especially those that deal with tab preferences,
you might have conflicting plug-ins installed.

--
Yours sincerely Jostein Elvaker Haande
"A free society is a place where it is safe to be unpopular"

Web: http://tolecnal.net - Mail: tolecnal <a> tolecnal <dot> net