Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
My name is Nic Ferrier. I am really ANGRY at Debian.

[snip]

Why? Same reason as with Emacs-snapshot:

After reading that, I came to the conclusion that you are
angry at the wrong people. ISTM that you should be angry
at the author of the document who refuses to allow modification
in the manner Debian wants. That is, if you agree with the
Debian goal. If you don't agree with the Debian goal, then
you and Debian are simply not aligned in purpose, and you
definitely should consider a different OS/distribution.

That is not a reason to be angry, BTW.

Debian considers the GNU doc to have different freedom ideals to them
and they hate that so much that they have to remove it from Debian.
So now what am I supposed to do?

Nothing I read in the web page pointed to by the link you posted
impressed me that "Debian" hates the GNU doc license. What I saw
indicates that Debian's goals, and the goals of certain authors,
are different. That does not constitute hate.

[snip]

It is just so ludicrous. It's all I can do to not swear in great big
capital letters at the people who made this decision.

What is ludicrous is expending so much emotional energy over
this matter.

If anyone wants to setup an alternative, GNU friendly, single software
package archive they should get in touch with me privately.

I doubt you'll find many takers, but I wish you success and
emotional relief, and soon.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.