Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.

"Karl E. Jorgensen" <karl@jorgensen.org.uk> writes:

> "An alternative"?  Re-writing the Emacs manual (IIRC this was the
> sticking point early on in this thread) is not an easy task.  At the
> very least I would expect this to take some time.  In the mean time, the
> maintainer(s) still had to follow the DFSG and whatnot, so I cannot see
> what choice they had...

An alternative action would have been to move bash-doc, emacs and
other packages that are going to be altered by this decision to
non-free rather than removing the documentation and leaving us with
none.

That seems like a perfectly reasonable course of action given the
circumstances.

I just can't understand why people think it's reasonable to just take
the documentation away. It's dogmatic in the extreeme.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk