Re: Preventing delayed USB writes

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 09:06:33PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/17/07 20:29, Carl Fink wrote:
> > The solution (okay, my solution) is to switch to one of the nifty new
> > removable USB hard drives.  Bigger than a flash drive, sure, but you can
> > format it EXT2 if you'll never use it on a Windows box, and since what's in
> > there is an IDE hard disk drive, syncing it won't hurt it worth mentioning.
> > And the smallest ones you see around now hold 80 gigs.
>
> Unfortunately, though, formatting an MP3 player (which is the
> "drive" OP is talking about) to ext2 isn't recommended.

Sorry, I missed that.

Though actually my MP3 player *is* a removable 20GB hard disk, it's true
that I can't reformat it without losing functionality.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!