Re: how to clear mbr

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 08:04:42AM -0400, Marty wrote:
A better alternative may be to first set up lilo to boot Debian from another device or partition. Then when you install NT/2k you can still boot Debian, and you also have the option of using the BIOS boot menu (typically started by pressing on of the function keys), in addition to the option of setting up dual booting later.

Maybe new bioses have this, but I don't remeber selecting boot *partition* from the bios!

Regards,
Andrei

Sorry, my explanation wasn't clear. I meant that he could install lilo/grub on another bootable storage device, selectable by the bios function key boot menu, and when that device boots up to the lilo/grub menu, then select the boot partition on any other storage device in the system.