Re: swap

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:16:30AM -0700, ann kok wrote:
> In the doc. the swap should be twice of the memory
> When I have 4G memory, I create 8G swap
>
> ls it right?

Sort of.  It should read "twice the amount of memory, up to 1 GB of
swap."  In general, you should *never* need that amount of swap.  There
was a recent thread where Greg Folkert mentioned a situation which he
encountered where a system had 128 GB of swap.  That is *extremely*
rare.  So, unless you are running massive batch jobs overnight which
will greatly exceed your available physical memory, 1GB of swap should
be more than sufficient.

Regards,

-Roberto
--