Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 09:11:33AM -0400, judd@wadsworth.org wrote:

> This is a well known contradiction to biblical scholars.  I don't
> remember the exact verses, but the gospels state in some places that the
> last supper was the passover meal and in other places state that
> passover was the day after the crucifiction.  If you can wait until
> Mon., I'll look into it further.  Or you can read the passages carefully
> yourself.

I'll try and look at it before the weekend.  Either way, I'd be
interested in any more details you have on the subject.

> FWIW, there are many contradictions in the bible.  And historical
> inaccuracies, etc.  I don't consider that to be a barrier to faith, but
> it appears to be for some people who insist that the current versions of
> the bible are totally without error as a basic tenet of their belief.

I respectfully disagree.

> Also, one should remember that "the bible" is not one book but a
> collection of writings by many authors in different cultures over
> a span of thousands of years.  Many types of literature are included,
> such as historical accounts, creation myths, poetry, etc.

I guess that depends on whether you consider the authorship of the Bible
to rest with God, or with the men who transcribed His words.  I
maintainer the former, you apparently the latter.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez