A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

With a brand new ATI board I have found that I need to go outside the
latest kernel (2.6.21) to get the driver for the LAN chip (an RTL 8111).
It is available, but not in anyone's package, of course.

Is there a generic way that I can set it up under /usr/src/modules and
have it compile as a deb package?  I like staying within the system,
obviously, but would go outside it if this can't be done.

Kenward
--
With or without (religion) you would have good people doing good things
and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil