Re: 65535 outbound connections

On 09.03.07 10:34, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> There cannot be simultaneous connections to one port (at least under
> IPv4, not sure if such a thing is possible in IPv6).  The way apache
> works, is that when it receives connection, it hands it off to a thread
> on another port.  Just do a netstat (or a watch -n1 'netstat -ntp') to
> see it in action.

Yes, there can be multiple connections to one port. Each connection is
uniquely defined by local IP, local port, remote IP, remote port. So, you
only can not have to connections between the same IPs and same ports, but if
you change just one of those parameters, you can create one
(unless your OS' connection table overflows)
Silvester Stallone: Father of the RISC concept.