Re: ACL support via NFS

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 20:33:51 +0000, Marco De Vitis wrote:

[...]

> I built from the latest official stable rsync sources from the official
> rsync home page, if this means "upstream".
> Could I build and install the Debian Etch/Sid sources on Sarge? How
> should I proceed?

You can download the Sid sources with apt-get (or aptitude) if you add a
line like

deb-src http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

to your /etc/apt/sources.list. Furthermore, there are Debian tools which
automate the build process, see for example here:

http://wooledge.org/~greg/sidfaq.html#11

--
Regards,
          Florian