Re: apt-get update success but with errors

Jonas Geiregat:
> Hello,
>
> At the end of the 'apt-get update' I get the follow output:
>
> Fetched 74.6kB in 6s (11.3kB/s)
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: GPG error: http://http.us.debian.org testing Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY A70DAF536070D3A1

Apt in testing and unstable has a new feature (well, it's already a few
months old). It can check cryptographic signatures to make sure that the
mirror you are using distributes exactly the same packages as the
official Debian archive. This way the compromise of a mirror cannot go
unnoticed. For this to work, apt needs "public keys" (google for
"asymmetric crypthography") of the Debian archive. These are contained
in the package debian-archive-keyring.

> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>
> Funny I just ran apt-get update while apt-get suggest I should run it
> again to fix the errors.

I think this is just a generic message apt-get uses when something may
have gone wrong. The more specific message above (about the public key)
is more important.

J.
--
I think the environment will be okay.