How to get newer kdevelop in my etch installation ?

Hello,

currently, I have a problem with frozen etch: In mid november, I filed a
bug report to kdevelop (the bug was about debugging problems) which was
fixed at the end of january. Thanks to the maintainer for that !

But the bug is fixed in kdevelop 4:3.4.0-1 which won't come into etch
(Quote from debian-release) :
"As this is a new minor upstream release, we will not unfreeze this
package."

Great. So I have a bugfix for a problem that really drives us crazy here
but it won't come into the etch distribution. As I see it, I have these
possibilities:

1) Don't insist on etch (stable). Just stay with testing and wait until
testing isn't frozen anymore.
  I won't do this because of several reasons (takes too long, I don't want
testing any more and so on )
2) Use apt pinning.
  I have no experience with this. Won't that mean that in the long run I
will draw the whole KDE stuff from testing into stable ?
3) Compile from source.
  Hmmm. No problem. Would (IMHO) mean to install lots of *-dev packages,
but that's ok...
4) Anything I didn't think of...

Now I'm sure that some people here have similar problems. What would you
do, what advice can you give ?

Regards,

Markus Grunwald
Softwaredevelopment

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH
Oskar-Messter-Straße 19-21
85737 Ismaning
www.pruftechnik.com
Tel: +49 (0)89 99616177
Fax: +49 (0)89 99616200

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH
Sitz Ismaning / HRB 145655 München
Geschäftsführer: Johann Lösl, Roland Schühle

Ein Unternehmen der PRÜFTECHNIK-Gruppe