Re: large characters in console after switching back from X11

On Monday, 29. January 2007 15:34, J. Wuttke wrote:
> <alt><ctrl><F1> brings me to a console which is in an anomalous state:
> everything is printed in HUGE CHARACTERS, and it does not scroll.
The problem might be a "funny" screen mode.
Add vga=ask as a kernel parameter in your bootmanager configuration (lilo,
grub) and try different scrreen modes in console.
grub:
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-2-386 root=/dev/sda1 ro vga=ask
You might want to test some framebuffer modes also. Install hwinfo and run
hwinfo --framebuffer
as root and try vga=mode (0x301 for example)
Hope this helps.

--
-=[JT]=-