Re: Linux Drivers, The Kernel, and a Driver List

sdpatt2@gmail.com wrote:
on Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 08:47:05PM -0500 Grok Mogger mumbled:
Hey everyone,

If I want to buy a new piece of hardware, and I want to figure out if it's supported or not (BEFORE I buy it),

One good way is to take a knoppix disk to the 'puter store and boot
the shiny new machine off it.  It'll tell you quick whether you're
going to have an immediate rodeo or not.

It's like we have this giant pot full of junk, tons of people have thrown stuff into it, and no one knows what's inside...

The kernel comes with it's own documentation section.  Some good
reading there.

If anyone can clear up some of that for me, I'd appreciate it.

Outside of that, when I'm shopping I look for problems other people
may have had against the wish list I've put together, and see if
solutions are being found.

Cheers,

Dave

"The kernel comes with it's own documentation section. Some good reading there."

Sounds great.  Where can I find that?  =P