Re: Modified Config Files

Douglas Tutty wrote:

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 04:52:19AM +0100, Chris Stork wrote:

Hi,

What would be an easy way to list the config files that have been changed on my system?

Find a file that was created/modified when you installed.  Note that
date.

Use find to find all files in /etc/ newer than that date.

If it was that easy... I am talking about systems that received hundreds of updates already so that file dates differ a lot.

In any case, none of this bookkeeping should be necessary since the package DB knows the default content (or the hash thereof) of config files.

Why?

Firstly, I just want to know how much these systems are customized and what exactly has been customized. Secondly, I'd like to distribute some of these customizations to other systems.

Thanks for you reply,
Chris