Re: brute force ssh login attempts and how to Disrupt them

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 06:25 -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I haven't created anything similar for Linux yet or I
> would be happy to let folks try it out.

http://denyhosts.sourceforge.net/  Should sort it out.

In addition it's always a good idea to disable root login.  One one
server that was getting hit pretty hard with both dictionary and brute
force attacks, I even restricted login to one user (me) with key login.

If you ssh in from a static IP, you can always just put an iptable rule
in to allow ssh connections only from your IP.  Unfortunately I'm on
dynamic, so I can't do that.

Hans