Re: nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel-source packages not in debian etch/testing

On Sunday 22 October 2006 15:41, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> If your package manager lists these packages as upgradable then you
> either have not run "update" in a while or the progeny mirror is
> seriously broken or you have found a bug in the package manager.

I had the same problem in Etch a few days ago, so I upgraded to a stock kernel
and then used module-assistant to build the nvidia drivers.  IIRC I had to
change the symlinks for gcc and g++ because the nvidia drivers would not
compile (I am not sure whether they compile with gcc or g++) with 4.1 but did
compile with 4.0

8)