Re: iceweasel

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 11:05:35 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> BTW, can I assume Debian named this project after the Matt Groening quote?

I think the name originated within the FSF; their gripes with the
Mozilla foundation have a longer history than Debian's:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

This page does not mention Matt Groening at all, but I would also assume
that the name is not purely a coincidence. The fact that it is mildly
derogatory was probably perceived as an added bonus.

--
Regards,
          Florian