Re: Email programs that work.

On 29.08.06 16:13, Dmitri Minaev wrote:
> If you pardon my jumping in, gentlemen, I would say that Mutt does not
> work with IMAP.

You're welcome.

> Mutt can read mail stored in IMAP folders, but working with IMAP takes
> more than that. Folder manipulation (create/share/delete), moving
> items between folders,

mutt can do this. I use mutt this way.

> server-side search,

I'm not sure here.

> filtering

What kind of filtering? mutt can do 'l' to view onluy matching articles
and I think with hooks you could also configure it to move some messages to
some folders.

automatic moving/copying of incoming mail to different folders is, however,
left to MDA which can do that better without need of having mail client
started and in the time mail is delivered (which means, your computer
won't have the job done when you read your mail -> it works faster)

> is the minimum set for a MUA to be called IMAP-enabled [1]. If Mutt can
> simulate these actions by employing other tools, like procmail and
> bogofilter, doesn't mean it can work with IMAP

Also, I don't think that filtering is in any way related to IMAP:
1. It can be done and used on local folders too
2. IMAP has (afaik) no support for such "filtering"
I intend to live forever - so far so good.