Re: PHP: mysql_connect() undefined function

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 12:17:11PM +0200, Paolo Pantaleo wrote:

> Well,
>
> on my toy hosting service I haven't python or ruby, only mysql and
> php. I konw Python and I like it very much, but I think I cannot use

Then find a better web host :-)

Seriously, there are many web hosting providers out there providing
Python and other server side scripting languages that are not PHP.
Same thing on PostgreSQL versus MySQL.

> any templating system (PSP or Cheetah, or whatever). Any idea about
> that?

I know that Django works quite nicely for Python, but it requires the
presence of a database, which may or may not be a problem for some
people.  There are many other excellent templating solutions for Python
(I have heard), though I have not had much first hand experience with
them.

> Moreover I want something that just works in little time, so PHP seems
> quite good.

And I would argue that Python would work even better if you already know
it. :-)

> Greetings
> PAolo

Regards,