Re: Debian install

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:38:02PM -0400, Ishwar Rattan wrote:

> Just installed base debian form 3.1r1 iso cdrom.
> I also installed gcc-3.4 with apt-get install.
> The /usr/include/stdio.h etc are missing, how do I
> install the header files.

Any time you want to know which package contains a particular file, you
can use apt-file (which is itself a separate package you must install)
or you can browse to http://packages.debian.org and enter a filename
(without a leading slash) and select and architecture and distribution
and it will tell you which package (or packages if more than one) has
that file.

Regards,

-Roberto

--