Re: Installation: Use SPACEBAR to select "Desktop Environment", not just the enter key.

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 21:23 +0100, James Westby wrote:
> On (26/06/06 10:52), Chuck Pergiel wrote:
> > June 26, 2006
> > When you get to the package selection screen, it appears that once again
> > there is a "select one item from a list", and the default selection is
> > highlighted. Nowhere does it say anything about pressing the spacebar.
>
> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=658&slide=21
>
> I think the terminology could be improved slightly, but when I used the
> installer the other day it did say this.
>
> Have you got a suggestion for what the information at the bottom should
> say? If so I suggest that you pass it on.
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch06s01.html.en
>
> is a little more explicit about how the system works.
>
> James
>
> --
>   James Westby
>   jw+debian@jameswestby.net
>   http://jameswestby.net/

My first linux distro was Redhat 5.2.
It used tab to change fields and spacebar to select in the early part of
the install.
At that epoch Windows used tab and spacebar in the same way
for selections if the mouse was not detected, or if the windows were
too big.
This convention was established by Adam (or Eve.)
C.