Re: Installation: Use SPACEBAR to select "Desktop Environment", not just the enter key.

On (26/06/06 10:52), Chuck Pergiel wrote:
> June 26, 2006
> When you get to the package selection screen, it appears that once again
> there is a "select one item from a list", and the default selection is
> highlighted. Nowhere does it say anything about pressing the spacebar.

http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=658&slide=21

I think the terminology could be improved slightly, but when I used the
installer the other day it did say this.

Have you got a suggestion for what the information at the bottom should
say? If so I suggest that you pass it on.

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch06s01.html.en

is a little more explicit about how the system works.

James

--
  James Westby
  jw+debian@jameswestby.net