Re: Debian package of the day

Aaron Maxwell wrote:

Don't complain, or I'll make it update every ten minutes!

Then we'll all be in trouble.  :-)

If anyone's curious, the reason I did this is that there's so much software for debian - about 17,000 packages in i386/main - that there are probably some you would find interesting or useful, except that they get lost in the haystack and you never encounter them. I read a post once in which someone bemoaned the passing of dselect, because it highlighted newly-minted packages. With apt*, he rarely knew of that new software, unless he just stumbled across it. I thought that was a pretty good point.
Good point. However, aptitude always shows you new packages. IIRC, when dselect went away, aptitude was the recommended "official" replacement.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto