Re: Debian package of the day

On Friday 23 June 2006 04:44 pm, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 07:37:33PM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> > One question, though.  Wouldn't "updated hourly!" imply that this
> > is really the Debian package of the hour?

No, it's still the package of the day... and an hour from now, a
*different* package will be the package of the day:)

> I agree, and while I think its a cool idea, the hourly thing is too
> much pressure man! sheesh I have enough to do already without seeing
> what the next poth is ;-p

Don't complain, or I'll make it update every ten minutes!

If anyone's curious, the reason I did this is that there's so much
software for debian - about 17,000 packages in i386/main - that there
are probably some you would find interesting or useful, except that
they get lost in the haystack and you never encounter them.  I read a
post once in which someone bemoaned the passing of dselect, because it
highlighted newly-minted packages.  With apt*, he rarely knew of that
new software, unless he just stumbled across it.  I thought that was a
pretty good point.

--
Peace,
Aaron Maxwell - http://redsymbol.net