Re: Can not use Gnome in Debian Sid

Richard van der Veen:

> i am normaly using KDE, but was curious about the status of Gnome in Debian
> Sid. I did see they are already on 2.14 but now i have everything installed i
> found out i can not use it at all. The strange thing is, when i search on the
> web i don't find any messages about the problems i am experiencing. When
> gnome is running i see in the applet i have loaded for the CPU monitoring
> that the CPU use is almost 100% ...

Didn't you try to find out which process is running amok? Press Alt-F1,
log in and run top to do that.

You might also want to move your Gnome related configuration files
(~/.gnome2/, ~/.gnome2_private) out of the way.

J.
--
A passionate argument means more to me than a blockbuster movie.
[Agree]   [Disagree]