Re: OOo2 from backports questions

http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/contrib/o/openoffice.org-help/

http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/contrib/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> \
>        404 Not Found
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have
> been ignored, or old ones used instead.
>    ---------------------------------
>
> Removing "contrib" and "non-free" lets it work
> correctly.  So what am
> I doing wrong?
>

> --
>     Any technology distinguishable from magic is
> insufficiently advanced.
>     (*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling
> Linux Counter #80292
>     - -    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
>            Spammers!
> http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html
>

> --

Marc,

Your original problem is the very reason I just sent
my email today entitled "OpenOffice.org 2.0 users
beware!".  This explains that the libfreetype6
security upgrade causes the saving problem and that
you must downgrade to the previous version and hold
that package using aptitude.  Download the older
version here:

http://ftp.debian.org/pool/main/f/freetype/

select your arch and download version 2.1.7-2.4.  Then
install using dpgk -i.