Re: Replying to list

Ron Johnson wrote:
What printer(s) do you use?
HP DeskJet 970Cxi and Canon PIXMA MP780

You probably already found these links in Google.

Too bad it's not the 970Cxi ...
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_970C

http://www.turboprint.info/printers.html
http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/canon-list/2005q3/002210.html

Thanks for the input; I'll boot Debian (Etch) later today and see what happens. If I can use 2-sided printing on both, even if only for text, it will be a step forward and I can always revert to Windows for photographic printing if necessary.

I did try the installation of Turboprint under Fedora Core 5, but never saw any output - that was the final motivation to revert to Debian:-)

A final question: as I need to share the printers, both USB connected to my Etch machine, with a Sarge system, is the right way forward to use lpd, or is CUPS viable?

Peter HB