Re: Replying to list

Juha Tuuna wrote:
On Wednesday, 21. June 2006 15:55, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
If it's not an FAQ, why doesn't this list use the "Reply-to" field in
the address headers?

A couple of times recently I've hit Reply and sent a response to the
originator, rather than the list - for which I apologise. All other -
non-Debian - lists to which I subscribe use this field and it enables
one to concentrate on the message, rather than the postman:-)

Peter HB
I'd use .procmailrc to fix things:

:0
* (^To|^Cc):.*debian-user@lists\.debian\.org..*
| formail -a "Reply-To: debian-user@lists.debian.org"

That should do pretty much what you wished for.

I didn't wish for it: I asked a question and seem to have started WW3:-)

NB The headers in my original post show that I'm still a prisoner of Windows and rc scripts are not an option. If I ever get my printers working under Debian then I'll consider the final switch.

Peter HB