Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 12:09 +0100, Matt Johnson wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 11 April 2006 23:47, Ron Johnson wrote:
[snip]

> See now, I *am* British and I did raise a wry smile.
> Actually, in truth, I chortled heavily. I thought the
> "fall of the Empire" post summed up this thread
> splendidly. Of course, I'm a little surprised that our
> happy cousins over the pond would *shorten* anything.
> Surely "colour" is bigger, and must, by its very
> nature, be better.

Actually, you have a good point there...

> As for "aluminum"? Hehehehe. Brilliant.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I think one of the great problems we have in the Republican
Party is that we don't encourage you to be nasty. We encourage
you to be neat, obedient, loyal and faithful and all those Boy
Scout words, which would be great around a campfire but are lousy
in politics."
Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA)