Re: Netlimiter liike tool

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 09:58:32PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Mankuthimma wrote:
> > In this case apt is your friend :)
>
> > $ apt-cache search apache limit
> > libapache-mod-limitipconn - module for Apache which limits simultaneous
> > connections per IP
>
>     And Apache was an example.  Now for the other applications I am running?
>
> --
>          Steve C. Lamb         | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
>        PGP Key: 8B6E99C5       | main connection to the switchboard of souls.
> -------------------------------+---------------------------------------------

And Mankuthimma was right; after hours of deliberation I managed to come
up with a variation of his apt-cache search theme:

apt-cache search limit bandwidth

results in 'trickle':

apt-cache show trickle

Package: trickle
Section: net
Installed-Size: 156
Maintainer: Robert Lemmen <robertle@semistable.com>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.07-3
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libevent1 (>= 1.0b)
Filename: pool/main/t/trickle/trickle_1.07-3_i386.deb
Size: 36200
MD5sum: bb0d8edf269ff853a8ae44ca4871557f
 Trickle is a voluntary, cooperative bandwidth shaper. it works
 entirely in userland and is very easy to use.
 .
 The most simple application is to limit the bandwidth usage of
 programs.

Now I haven't had the need to control bandwith usage, but if I was so
inclined, I guess I would try this package...

Hth
--
Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred
                 Key-ID: 0x81073379