jackd to be uninstall, do I need it?

I am in the process of upgrading selected packages in my Testing
machine, running 2.6.12 kernel. For the time being, I am not touching
kde (since it wants to remove k3b). But if I try to upgrade alsa
packages, jackd is to be uninstalled:

$> sudo apt-get -s install alsaplayer-alsa
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  alsaplayer-common alsaplayer-daemon alsaplayer-esd alsaplayer-gtk
alsaplayer-jack alsaplayer-nas alsaplayer-oss alsaplayer-text
  alsaplayer-xosd libflac7 libjack0.100.0-0 liboggflac3
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  jackd
  libflac7 libjack0.100.0-0 liboggflac3
  alsaplayer-alsa alsaplayer-common alsaplayer-daemon alsaplayer-esd
alsaplayer-gtk alsaplayer-jack alsaplayer-nas alsaplayer-oss
  alsaplayer-text alsaplayer-xosd
10 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 1 to remove and 291 not upgraded.

So, do I need jackd for anything or should I let the upgrade remove it?
In other words, what will be affected by jackd's removal?

thanks,
->HS