Gimp does not work because of Fontconfig version

Hi all,

I started my gimp but the following dialog is displayed:

The Fontconfig version being used is too old!

The GIMP requires Fontconfig version 2.2.0 or later.
The Fontconfig version loaded by The GIMP is 1.0.2.

This may be caused by another instance of libfontconfig.so.1
being installed in the system, probably in /usr/X11R6/lib.
Please correct the situation or report it to someone who can.

I searched by libfontconfig.so.1 version under /usr directory in my system:

# cd /usr
# find -name libfontconfig*so*
./lib/libfontconfig.so.1.0.4
./lib/libfontconfig.so.1
./lib/libfontconfig.so
./X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.0
./X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
./X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so

So there are 2 versions of Fontconfig and the gimp points to /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1:

# ldd /usr/bin/gimp | grep "libfontconfig"
libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0xb7858000)

Since /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 is a symlink, is it safe change it to point to /usr//lib/libfontconfig.so.1.0.4?

Any suggestion?

BR,

Mauricio Lin.