Re: GPG error on apt-get update

Chinook wrote:
Joey Hess wrote:
Bernd Prager wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting a GPG error when I execute an apt-get update:

But root has the required keys in the pubring:

I've been following this issue and also did:
debian1:/home/leec# wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2005.asc -O - | sudo apt-key add - debian1:/home/leec# wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc -O - | sudo apt-key add -

The wgets were successful but didn't help the "Not Authenticated" issue.

They have to be in apt's keyring, man apt-key.

So how do you get them there Joey?

That's the part I've missed in "Check the list for the last few days" Adam.

Thank you,
Lee C

As a PS, I created a new Etch CD earlier today for another PC. I got the "Not Authenticated" bit again in Synaptic after the install, went through the above wgets again and still saw the issue.

Looks to me like it's not this dumb user, but I don't doubt the devs are working frantically to straighten out the issue :-)

Lee C